The USB Fax Modem features a small, lightweight design, with no external power requirements, ensuring maximum portability and simple setup – a cost-effective, time-saving solution for travelers who may not always have access to broadband Internet connections, or anyone living in rural areas where broadband service is simply not available.
The External 56K USB Fax Modem enables you to connect to dial-up Internet, or send faxes from your desktop or laptop computer through USB over any telephone line. This controller-based modem saves system resources and minimizes load on the CPU, using on-chip processing to deliver dial-up access without taxing your computer performance.
With support for transfer rates up to 56 Kbps (data) and 14.4 Kbps (fax), and compatibility with the latest transmission standards (V.92, V.90, etc.), this versatile USB modem can be used as a backup Internet connection, or in rural areas where broadband connections are not available.
To ensure portability and easy setup, the USB modem features a compact, lightweight design and is powered through the USB host connection, as opposed to an external power adapter. The modem also supports both Windows and Mac OS platforms, providing the versatility needed for true convenience.
■ Conserve system resources with hardware-based signal processing Compliant with common data/fax communication standards for near universal compatibility
■ Compact, portable design makes the USB Fax Modem easy and convenient to use in tight spaces or while traveling
■ Add dial-up support to a desktop, laptop, or netbook when broadband access is not available
■ Turn a PC into a fax machine, capable of sending and receiving faxes
☺ V.92 feature is subjected to ISP Support
☺ Requires software application support
- Compliant with common data/fax communication standards for near universal compatibility
- Compact, portable design makes the USB Fax Modem easy and convenient to use in tight spaces or while traveling
- Powered directly from the USB port
- Add dial-up support to a desktop, laptop, or netbook when broadband access is not available
- OS Supported: Windows 8.1 (32/64bit), 8 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64) & Mac OS 10.7 and up (Tested up to 10.10.2)